Healing the relationship with our body with the help of nature
For us, health is a multidimensional concept that concerns all levels of existence and therefore we believe that ensuring it goes far beyond the possibilities of health care. In this context, we are developing this theme by organizing a series of actions to motivate, educate and support individuals and groups in the transition to a holistic view of health and in the development of the appropriate mental tools and practical skills that will enable the self-management of basic daily needs for its maintenance and restoration. Specifically, the actions of New Guinea aim to create processes through which:
- reappropriate knowledge about our bodies and develop it experientially while exploring natural approaches to maintaining and restoring health.
- to redefine our basic daily needs and learn to look at problems holistically, taking into account all the factors that affect our health status at the physical, social and mental level.
- take responsibility for our health and mobilise ourselves to improve it, by actively engaging in the process of healing, so that we can ultimately achieve a balance between what we can do ourselves and what we receive from outside as goods and services.
- to manage our daily needs and meet them based on our own knowledge and resources, using as sustainable and ecological practices as possible.
- focus on methods and practices that will enable us to create new healthy connections with the natural environment and the people around us.
- develop structures and relationships that will enable us to share knowledge and experience through everyday practice.
The use of herbs for the treatment of various diseases is a simple natural method of treatment, timeless and universal that has evolved over the centuries, along with the…
Preparation of herbal cosmetics and soaps
Regardless of the time and energy we invest in taking care of ourselves, we all have some daily…
For the past three years, the construction of an open, open and accessible botanical garden has been underway, aiming to create a reference point for the identification and study of herbs and plants…
One of the main objectives of our action in the health theme is to develop and share the necessary knowledge and techniques that will help us to…
New Guinea often organises information events in solidarity projects’ spaces, while participating in eco-fairs and festivals by organising practical…
Actions in schools
As part of the workshop on self-management of health, New Guinea, in collaboration with schools, often organises information events and practical workshops that give…
New Guinea is organising the publication of printed material in the form of books, pamphlets and brochures to enrich and facilitate the dissemination of practical applications…
New Guinea is undertaking the study, design and construction of small home and educational herb gardens and herb production systems at the level of….